Sunday 27 February 2011

I'll cap that with a capybara

I should have known I couldn't fool a fooler, Geoff.


Yes, the mountain critter in question was an alpine marmot with the enigmatic bionomial Marmota marmota. Snapped above Zermatt in Switzerland.


Groovy chipmunk. And not one I can match. We have our own chipmunks in the Foret de Soignes in the south of Brussels. Very cheeky chappies, particularly as they're feral Siberian chipmunks. I won't count that one, but just wanted to show my striped squirrel credentials.


Talking of rodents, I thought I should share a snap of the king of the gnawers - capybaras living in a tributary of the Peruvian Amazon. And while we're about it let's throw in a red and grey squirrel each for good measure.


Geoff 10, Graham 9




Keep those binoculars handy...


Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment