Tuesday 11 January 2011

Bound to happen

Graham, nice math.

Just to save your scanner I'll post two pics of a Long-tailed Macaque (Imnotsuricanspelltheenglish nevermindthelatinname). This primate was, in fact, trying to mug a tourist, just like you describe. Can you tell? Luckily I fought back - there was no way it was getting my Canon, even if I don't have a prime lens. Geddit?


So, point reclaimed. But I must admit I am not going to be able to get that Black Rat on my list, unless maybe I go on holiday with you again. After all, my closest encounters with rats have been in your company...

Now, where to go next. Like a mammalian version of Mornington Crescent, many routes seem possible, but only one is possible. Yes, it is a mammal that I have actually seen this week so it therefore bounds into the blog: Roe Deer (Capreolus crapeolus).

These photos (that I took at a nearby site in November) clearly demonstrate how excellent fieldcraft can achieve a series of images of an individual going about its normal behaviour... err, with the emphasis on going.








Graham: 4

Geoff: 7

Totalogia: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment