Sunday 30 January 2011

Quiz time



Hmm. Great photos. You can actually tell the difference between the monkey and the deer. Respect. You've got to admire those macaques don't you? The only known species that doesn't take off at the merest whiff of your scent, Geoff. As for the math, I like your moves. Very gentlemanly to concede the black rat. But perhaps that should come off your tally as a consequence? Nonetheless, are you suggesting that you didn't actually see one heading for the condensed milk in P's backpack on Silhouette Island? By the way, did I ever mention that those Hydrometra we found in a pool on our way down the mountain turned out to be a new species?

Anyway, back to mammals. I should say that I've seen the odd roe deer, though I confess I don't have a photo. So I think that makes us Geoff 6, Graham 5 (and 736 sheep).

Time for a new species. If I told you that this picture was taken in North America, would you hazard a guess at its Latin binomial? And no looking it up or asking expert ornithomammalogists. By the way, it's the small rock lookalike in the middle of the picture. Not the large rock lookalike at the front left. That's simply a large rock. Oh, and a bonus point for each lichen you can identify.

No comments:

Post a Comment